BOC: Gold Agents

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Wed Feb 18 14:14:34 EST 1998

Andy Gilham writes:

> Thanks, John, Craig!  I was a bit suspicious, but now I think I'd quite
> like one of these.  I just have to decide how much! :)

If I'm not mistaken, the new Agents gold release is by Mobile Fidelity
Sound Labs.  They're known for their excellence in re-mastering albums
from the original sources.  Although frankly, I'd rather the folks who
did the Hawkwind remasters had a crack at the old BOC catalog, since
I think they did a *better* job than Mobile Fidelity typically does.

But having said that, anything released by Mobile Fidelity is way,
way beyond your typical off-the-shelf CD release.  They put the time
and effort in, and you can really hear the results.

It's about time that one of the classic BOC records got this
treatment, and I guess Agents was the obvious (from a commercial
standpoint) choice.

Steve