business hawkwind (was chrome tour - or so...)

Kenneth Magnusson bishop.garden at FALKOPING.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Thu Feb 19 03:48:15 EST 1998

Hi Knut,

Oh dear, You're at it again...

but You're absoloutely right concerning the rip-off and as far as I know
EBS is a company owned by the Hawks themselves so they should have *some*
control over the credits, it is, of course, ridiculous to claim it was an
accident, the small name changes of the songs and all, if it indeedwas a
mistake they should immediatly fold their company because they are not  fit
to have one.

Quark, Strangeness and Charm isn't that good but they're doing Golden Void
and Green Finned Demon very good and I think most of the album is great,
but it doesn't have that magic touch, calling it a musical burn-out is a
bit over the top in my opinion, they've done albums which are unbelievable
bad but this isn't one of them.

One thing that is annoying me is this constant whining 'bout being
innovative, it popped up during the Rush debate too, it isn't really
important, the important thing is to do good songs and creating a certain
atmosphere, being innovative is just the icing on the cake.

Stating that every record after '78 just are musical encores only shows
your ignorance, records like Levitation (progressive), Church Of Hawkwind
(psuedo-electronic) or Black Sword albums (Heavy Metal) has very little to
do with what Hawkwind did up to '78. They lost it when Harvey left the
band, they just become Dave and fans and when it comes to the right to the
name, my vote is on Nik since Hawkwind is his nickname, but I agree, it's
not really anything to bother about.

Getting back to the roots doesn't have too mean that they should sound the
same as they did 20 ago, maybe people just want them to get rid of the
sequensers and jam more instead and that's no insult.

Kenneth

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
"- Vet du vem som bestämmer på dataavdelningen ?
 -  De e la databasen !"
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Bishop Garden Records
Box 747
521 22 Falkoping
SWEDEN
Tel +46 (0)515 823 08
bishop.garden at falkoping.mail.telia.com

The Moor
http://www3.tripnet.se/~hmm/moor/

The Moor Tour Info
http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/themoor.htm

This message was transmitted from a MicroSoft-free device.