OFF: Saxon ( was RE: HW: Party 2000)

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Thu Feb 19 06:03:00 EST 1998

On 19 Feb 10:25, Andy Gilham wrote:
> On Thursday, February 19, 1998 10:00 AM, Alun Hughes
> [SMTP:a.hughes at NEWI.AC.UK] wrote:
>
> > >Surely their best song was "747 (Strangers in the Night)"?
> >
> > Not "Wheels of Steel"? ( " ... talkin' 'bout my wheels of steel ... " )
>
> A fine decision, I grant you!  But definitely not "Motorcycle Man"!

Well, that brings back memories of my youth underneath the plastic
palm trees!  The DJ at the local HM club (Tiffany's in Bristol),
used to play "Overkill", followed by "Motorcycle Man", followed by
some other stupidly fast HM track which escapes my memory, and we
would try and headbang through the whole lot.  And I used to wake
up with insane headaches...

> They were pretty funny on the Bomber tour - trying to be louder then
> Motorhead!  As if!

"Then it was as loud as a tube train running through your inner ear,
or as loud as if they restaged the whole of World War I crammed into
a single phone box"  -- Sounds.

Dave.
--

Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.  Tel: +44 131 472 4782