tBS: Brownies

Stephen Swann swann at ST-CANARD.SPC.EDU
Tue Feb 24 09:43:51 EST 1998

Albert T Bouchard writes:

> >Joe's a very good guitar (and keyboard) player, and he does a lot of
> >what I guess you'd call melodic lead.  But my recollection (which
> >could be faulty or incomplete, since I had to bail partway through the
> >set), is that Billy handled the "blistering solo" parts.
>
> Joe did the melodic parts and Billy did the "blistering" leads but Joe also
> did all the funky rhythm parts.
>
> >Joe did all the lead vocals, btw; his voice is sounding really good
> >these days.
>
> He lost his voice by the end of their set... The next X Brothers album may
> have some other lead vocalists. ,{:-) but he did sound good again when he
> took the second verse of R&B at the end of the night.

Whoops!  I was wondering when he had developed such sustained power.
I guess the answer is that he hasn't - he burns out if he tries to
keep up that level of intensity...?  That's too bad - he was sounding
great.  I really regret missing the last part of his set - he was
really on a roll up through Love is a Killing Thing.

Steve