BOC: Going On's and Queensryche

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Tue Feb 24 17:48:34 EST 1998

>I wasn't really trying to bash Nuno.  I think he's a good guitarist,
>I just don't see him fitting in with Queensryche, image-wise or
>musical taste-wise.  I'm shocked that CD would leave, esp. after
>being with the group so long.  What does he hope to achieve?
>theo

oh, I didn't think you were bashing Nuno...I think he's quite
talented as well, but like you, I don't see him fitting in with
QR...and as for CD, apparently he's been working with Chris
Cornell's (Soundgarden) brother....if you look at HITNF, which
was largely CD's material, you can see he was headed in a
different direction from the rest of the band...Wilton says
that everyone else is now involved in the songwriting..they
supposedly have worked up about 50% of the material for the
new album..rumor has it it's another concept album and that
it's very heavy...unfortunately they are also looking for a
new deal since EMI's demise (I think we can all sympathise
with that!).  the QR newsgroup has gone nuts since this
happened and the rumors and wishful thinking are all over
the place...you should hear the names people are suggesting!

by the way AB:....have you gotten Moonflower Lane yet? it
just came out today, and so far it sounds pretty good...
the contributions from the Galactic Cowboys guys sound
pretty good too....and I presume you've heard about Ty's
project with the guys from Dream Theater?

Ted

in the player:

Ty Tabor - Moonflower Lane
Ty Tabor - Naomi's Solar Pumpkin
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray
Shadowking
BOC - Agents (Gold)
Lovemongers - Whirlygig