OFF Queensryche

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Feb 25 09:15:37 EST 1998

>>Random stuff...Chris DiGarmo is gone from Queensryche?  Horrors!
>>
>> Yeah, what's the deal there ? Being replaced by Nuno Bettencourt ? Might as
>> well kiss that band goodbye, if you haven't already :-)
>
>No shit?  Man, that dog don't hunt!  Goes to show you anyone can sell
>out.

>oh, I didn't think you were bashing Nuno...I think he's quite
talented as well, but like you, I don't see him fitting in with
QR...

I agree for the most part.  On surface this does not appear to be a fit
but only a few sessions (records together) would be definitive.
Besides, Nuno is a rumor only according to the website I frantically
punched up.  John Sykes has also been rumored.  A new concept album,
heavier sound?  Mindcrime revisited perhaps.  Not a bad move.  I'll miss
CD, and maybe I am only one of few people who actually LOVE HITNF!  I
think its a great album.  I love this band period as they certainly are
not afraid to take chances, mix it up and play what and how they want to
play it.  Has any Q'ryche album sounded much like the ones that came
before it?  Starting with Mindcrime, I think not.

>OK, better cut this off before it gets out of hand....
>listen up everyone... Chris left, yes, but the band has not
>repeat has NOT named a replacement yet...the Nuno thing
>so far is just a RUMOR.....check http://www.queensryche.com
>for the latest update.

Yeah thats the place!

>by the way AB:....have you gotten Moonflower Lane yet? it
just came out today, and so far it sounds pretty good...
the contributions from the Galactic Cowboys guys sound
pretty good too....and I presume you've heard about Ty's
project with the guys from Dream Theater?

Ted never tell me where you live, I'd be over and never leave.  No to
all of the above.  I searched some stores in Dallas frantically last
week while there and turned up nada. I'm always five minuttes too late.
Met lots of KX fans but not the most important one.  Guy owns a CD
Wherehouse store and has four copies of NSP which he carries with him!
Guy is a Ty lunatic.  Had not heard about Ty/DT project, been  long time
since last KX digest and I don't surf the web much.

>John Swartz was in the DC area?  Ya must have driven down from Beantown,
my people never spotted you at the local airports.

>Well, the FAQMAN is an elusive individual... ;-)  I was at the airports,
only briefly though.  But, I kept setting off the metal detectors - must
have "BOC on the Brain"... ;-)

Ah my people were confused in the commotion then.  Good thing my
Professional Liability Policy is paid up, KB is suing the hell out of me
for the mistake.  I'll get you yet Agent Swartz...hehehehehehehehehehe

L8er
Ghost in The Ruins