OFF: Hoey and Focus

Wed Feb 25 08:53:01 EST 1998

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>
>

> Pimp slap me man.  I forget already but it is not his normal studio
> partners.  Frankly I never heard of either one of these guys but they
> play well enough.  Initially I thought this might be Gary and MIDI but
> its a living breathing three piece.  Couple of preliminary thoughts:

Slap me too!  I can't remember the drummer he's been playing with.
Gregg Bisonette?  I know Tony Franklin has been playing the 4-string
with him, and Tony rules!  Gary was doing a solo show for a while,
backed by midi gear, sequences etc...

> A little dissapointed in the live version of Bert's Lounge,  Think he
> needs a second guitar to make this sound better.  Linus & Lucy doesn't
> come across as the face melter I thought it would.  Big surprise on this
> sucker is The Deep.  Man that one comes out real well, the whole band
> had fun with it.  Drummer shines.  The Insanity remix of Hocus Pocus is
> funky, I like it a lot. Red House sounds pretty good, don't know why
> Gary dosen't sing more often. He also could have saved High -Top Bop; I
> would have used Stack Attack from the first cd.  Now if he really wanted
> to have some fun he could have thrown in some Heavy Bones material but I
> doubt if anyone would know where it came from.  I'll feed you some more
> after a threepeat.

What's the title of the SRV-type song from AI?  Texas something or
other.  That's a classic.  Can't believe he didn't include that
one...
theo