Off: Comic Books

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Jan 5 09:53:35 EST 1998

<< I can answer this one, Rob Sedler (aka Torgo).  However as comic fans
 know this is the name of a robot encountered by the Fantastic Four's
Ben
 Grimm, both had been kidnapped by Skrulls and forced to battle each
 other in a gladiator pit.  Great line "I am Torgo, first among equals."

>All right, somebody who knows his comic book references! :-)

>SET

>(The OTHER comic store owner on BOC-L, btw...)

I'm an older generation guy when it comes to the Spandex crew. They were
my thing back when Thor was undoubteldly superior to the Hulk. Spidey
was my favorite until they started that multiple title/clonning crap.
Man I put Comics down for a long time.  Today I collect only a few.
Thunderbolts are good as are parts of the Hero's reborn stuff, but that
could have been handled a lot better.  Of course I stayed up with the
Onslaught saga.  Quick question, what the hells is going on with
Superman these days?  Bad enough they kill him and bring him back but
this new version chokes me.  Saw some of the new Creeper and thats
another yeech for me.  Creeper had great possibilities when first
intro'd through Batman but today he's just another pyscho with powers.
Better stop now I could get carried away big time.

lil' ab

"Once again we have blasted the nasal passages of the City clean of the
cloning mucus of evil.  Now we can all breath free and easy and smell
the lilacs in bloom.  Hello aroma!"  - The Tick

The Tick would have made a neat Avenger :-)