Hawkwind and the fans!

Mon Jan 5 09:18:56 EST 1998

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
> >> sure (no offense) BOC's drumming isn't any more proficient than his,
>
> >Pretty strong statement considering BOC's drummer can dust just about
> anyone in the business.  Listen to the first 3 BOC albums, and you'll
> realize the absurdity of such a statement!
>

> While I strongly agree with Theo on the talents of BOC's original drummer
> (and no, I'm not trying to be a bootlicker just 'cuz he's a listmember),
> let's not get into a BOC vs Hawkwind debate on BOC-L.  We here on BOC-L

I didn't intend to attack any of HW's drummers, as I haven't listened
to them enough to offer a qualified opinion.  But I do know a lot
about the former drummer in BOC, and I stand by my opinion that he's
one of the greatest percussionists ever in rock!

> pride ourselves on being rational and respective of other bands -- even
> if sometimes people not on BOC-L (or not on BOC-L anymore) perceive us.

As long as the band isn't Rush!  Sorry, Sorry, Sorry...

> There's been a somewhat heated discussion about BOC-L on the newsgroup,
> "alt.music.blueoystercult", and I'm trying to correct some misinterpretations
> of BOC-L and its members.
>
> John
We are irreverent and opinionated.  But our irreverence and strong
opinions have arisen from our being knowledgeable music fans.  If
we're misstating things, let others prove us wrong.  Engage us in
debate, but don't blow us off automatically as assholes.  Let us
prove that ourselves!

BTW, how does one sign up for alt.music.blueoystercult?

theo

"I told you not to be stupid..."
--Ben S.