Hawkwind and the fans!

Mon Jan 5 16:17:33 EST 1998

>  But I do know a lot
about the former drummer in BOC, and I stand by my opinion that he's
one of the greatest percussionists ever in rock!

And you'll get no argument from me!

>We are irreverent and opinionated.  But our irreverence and strong
opinions have arisen from our being knowledgeable music fans.  If
we're misstating things, let others prove us wrong.  Engage us in
debate, but don't blow us off automatically as assholes.  Let us
prove that ourselves!

LOL.  Actually, the poster causing all the trouble is an ex-BOC-Ler
that had a bad experience here - mainly that she's a BOC fan with no
use for Hawkwind, and subscribed during a time when the discussions
here were about 99% Hawkwind, so she unsubscribed.  My issue is that
she fails to understand that while the BOC/HW pairing may seem illogical
to some, that Hawkwind is not, as she says, "riding the coat tails of
BOC", and she refused to acknowlege that many of us who are BOC fans
(and not neccesarily HW fans) enjoy BOC-L -- hell, I've been on here
for 4 years and I think I know a bit more about the workings of BOC-L
than she does, but that hasn't stopped her from totally dismissing my
arguments.

John