OFF: Comics: Friendly Frank's

StevenTice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 9 00:18:57 EST 1998

<< What was the name of your account?  Who knows, maybe I was responsible for
 your bad experience!  If you ever had questions about money/your financial
 status etc. I was the one you would have talked to.  I left the company in
 about July of 1990 (or was it 1991?).  And of course Frank himself was not
 someone any sane person would want to deal with... mainly because he had an
 oedipal thing going on with his mother, who was the secretary treasurer....
 but that's material for another time.... >>

Calliope Comics, the same as now...  But it was toward the end of '90 that we
had our little dispute...I owed them about $300 at one point, about $100 of
which was disputed, so I sent them a check for $200...I then received a
message from them saying "You owe us $500!"  Here they'd ADDED the amount I
sent instead of SUBTRACTING it...isn't that amazing?  Of course, they messed
things up when distributing Musings a few years later, although Capital City
tended to screw up even worse... (Of course, we don't have to worry about
those distributors any MORE, do we?  ...sigh...I guess there's no way to win
here, is there?)

Interesting news about Frank, although I only rarely talked to him...sounds
like possible fodder for the Comics Journal or something...:-)

SET