BOC: Re: OFF: Lyrical SF

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Fri Jan 9 16:27:57 EST 1998

Douglas Pearson wrote:

>Does it count that I wrote a song called "Blind Date With Abduction"
about
>a young couple kidnapped from lover's lane by a space alien who seduces
the
>girl with intergalactic aphrodisiacs and puts her boyfriend in a test
tube
>for cruel and unusual experimentation ("there was a tube up his ass,
and a
>tube up his nose / needles jammed into Jim's fingers and toes!" ouch)?
Or
>that our guitarist wrote a song about a guy who's depressed about never
>being able to see his girlfriend 'cause she's always traveling around
in
>her Time Machine ("she gets her acid straight from Owsley / I wanna go
too
>but she never allows me.")?

Ah... they joys of having one's own band.
I sure do miss it.

>Of course, there must be people on the list with many more sci-fi
originals
>than this (hi Marc!!) ...

How about the touching ballad,
"Pirate Robot Birthday Party"?

Yo ho ho
Beep beep beep
So much noise it's hard to sleep
All the crew is young and hardy
Pirate Robot Birthday Party

or there's always the seminal favorite
"The Temptation of the Quasi-Electric Dynomutt"

Sometimes it's nice to get together
with friends and write songs you know will
never make it beyond a few copies on
cheap 90min tape...

Brian

OBsong> "Heavy Metal: The Black & Silver"  Fierce Wicker