BOC: Re: OFF: Lyrical SF

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Mon Jan 12 10:00:59 EST 1998

>> OBsong> "Heavy Metal: The Black & Silver"  Fierce Wicker

>Huh?  Is this another BOC cover?  If so, could you provide me some info
>so I can add this to the FAQ?

>John

Yes and no.  A few years back, three "bands"
composed of BOC-L folks recorded some
covers for a tape that all the bands got a copy of.
Fierce Wicker was my band, along with Jason
Scruton ex. of this list.

Another band, "Lack of Talent" covered Joan Crawford,
and "Horus" covered Master of the Universe, Camera...,
and Quark Strangeness and Charm.  It was a fun project
that I think gave us a greater appreciation of the talent
that went into creating these songs in the first place.

If we have enough musicians (and not even necessarily
great ones either) on the list who would be interested in
trying this, it's really a lot of fun.  I know I've been dying
to cover Name Your Monster for some time now...

Brian