BOC: Re: OFF: Lyrical SF

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Mon Jan 12 12:28:05 EST 1998

Theo said:

>> If we have enough musicians (and not even necessarily
>> great ones either) on the list who would be interested in
>> trying this, it's really a lot of fun.  I know I've been dying
>> to cover Name Your Monster for some time now...
>>
>> Brian
>Do you have access to a studio?  I might be interested in a project
>like that if you haven't already got a gtr plyr in mind...

I wish.  Fierce Wicker's version of Heavy Metal was
recorded with a boom box, a keyboard, one guitar,
and a Macintosh.  Not even a 4-track recorder.

This was just some people getting together and
having fun.  Nothing too professional sounding.
Unfortunately, I won't have time to even work up
a simple, 1 take, boom box recorded cover for
awhile.  I haven't even touched my bass or keys
in months!

If anyone else feels like trying what we did a
few years ago, and distribute the tapes between
the bands, I highly recommend it.  I had a great
time recording a cover and hearing the unique
twists on our favorite songs that other BOC-Lers
came up with.

Brian