OFF: Starship Troopers (was Classic Rock)

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 12 12:56:21 EST 1998

Andrew A. Apold writes:

> it's not just British people.... I mean, heck, Haldeman's 'The Forever
> War' was almost a direct counterpoint to 'Starship Troopers' (though
> I doubt they'll ever make a movie of it...

If it is made, I'll bet it's made by Brits or Canadians, and it's
probably not weird enough for the Canadians. There's no way that
Hollywood would risk a movie in which Guy meets Girl: Guy gets Girl: Guy
goes to war: Guy comes back to a world populated by homosexuals and girl
has been dead for centuries.

Independence Day it isn't.

> Andrew A. Apold (mordru at magg.net), aka  |

FoFP