Lemmy in Esquire

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Jan 13 09:34:56 EST 1998

On tis 13 jan 1998 15.08 +0100 "Ola Nyberg" <ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE>
wrote:
> Andy Gilham wrote:
> <I see (from an ad, not the rag itself) that Lemmy is featured in this
> <month's _Esquire_ magazine (UK edition).  He's quoted as saying
> "Motorhead
> <are actually a blues band - we just do it very, very fast," (so there's
> not
> <likely to be any new content then :)
>
> Hey, there's a lot more content in MH than in most other bands!
> What he means is of course that MH are blues-based, as are BOC (very!)
> and (yes) HW.
> Lemmy era HW is not that different from MH; Beneath all the keyboards
> etc. there's a blues based three-piece heavy rock band.
> What's wrong with the blues? In fact, as long as it's based on the
blues,
> it usually sounds good to me.

     I think what Andy meant was that since we all know that Motorhead is
basically hyper-velocity Chuck Berry with very big amplifiers :) the
article probably wouldn't tell us anything exciting and new about
Motorhead (i.e. it wouldn't have any "new content").

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson