Off Clancy Brown and SF Books or Moives?

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jan 13 13:47:07 EST 1998

>And indeed - Clancy Brown
>gets to play a good guy!  </amazement>
>Cheers,
>Rich.

Clancy also played a good guy in Buckaroo Bonzai...

>Thrillers are another genre where several successful films have come
from books.  I haven't seen many of these, but examples like The
Fugitive
come to mind.

>SF though, doesn't do so well.  Why is this?

>Some reasons that I can think of:

All valid reasons too.  I think its the nature of the beast.  Get a
great SF book and read it.  The story unfolds within you, you make your
own interpretations, paint your own landscape.  Give the same book to
Hollywood and Industrial Light and Magic takes this vital element out of
your grasp and places it firmly in the hands of the director, et al.
Now your stuck with someone elses imagination.  Tie this into the lowest
common denominator and viola, you'll never please everyone.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
lil' ab

OBCD - Sabotage, Balck Sabbath