Live Surgeons and CD Recordings

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue Jan 13 13:56:26 EST 1998

>If Rudy got it completed, he probably sent the first
>copy off to Al, so who knows?
>If not, tBS will just have to deliver a few more great live sets for a
>live CD - shouldn't be too tough, from the reviews of them I've seen
>lately.

Oh he completed it but not sure if he ever got a copy to Al.  tBS gets
better with every gig but that show, from what the participants told me,
was really special.  Three sets and each of them different.  Amazing
energy and crisp playing.  That was a once in a lifetime gig.  Perfect
for such a disc.

Pete the inhaler - I can understand where John is comming from and I
also see your point.  I am a tape maker, lots and lots of them.  I
constantly work through my collection and make comps of the artist I
collect.  Hell two months from now I'll do them again.  I thought this
is what your project is about too.  While I don't think anyone even Al
would begrudge you for making such a cd for yourself, there is still a
very thin line between morally right and legally wrong. Distributing the
thing could be pushing the envelope. I love the idea but you really
should get some legal advice on this.  No one should be punished for
having great ideas with good intentions.  Better yet some people on this
list put together a series of compilation tapes of Hawkwind cover tunes
and distributed them.  Maybe they can give you the benefit of their
research.

L8er
lil' ab

"Make love, not war.  Hell, do both ... get married."