HW: Live & Rare

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 14 18:29:31 EST 1998

Endre Zsoldos writes:

> Kevin Perry <kevin.perry at VIRGIN.NET> wrote:
>
> >It is a best of... but hasn't been officially sanctioned by the band - ie.
> >they don't get money for it!
>
> So that's why CD Zone deleted it from their list.

If I remember correctly all the tracks (with one exception) were taken
from Acid Daze 1,2 or 3.   If you have these three albums you will have
almost all the "compilation" tracks that are issued these days under the
Hawkwind name.    Apparently the rights to the Acid Daze tracks were
sold by the original company and the new purchaser no longer has to
pay any royalties to the band (or something like that).    This is
probably one of the reasons why Brock elected to set up his own
record company.

It's sometimes worth checking the Codex (available from Sonique's web
page or the archives) before buying a compilation to see how often the
tracks on it have been reissued and where they came from originally.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk