BOC and The R and R Hall Of Fame

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Jan 16 11:04:25 EST 1998

>>The question is:  Why have a Rock 'n' Roll Hall of fame and not
> >induct the man behind the rock 'n' roll national anthem Cities on
> >Flame...

I don't think you can ask that question to the people on this list, we
are too biased.  Does anybody here think both Al and Buck do not deserve
to be in the hall?  Take it further, shouldn't BOC as a band be in the
Hall?  Would there have been an "American Metal" industry in the 70's -
80's without them? Probably, but this band did lead the charge for
America and change the landscape.  You can look at any Hall of Fame and
find those you feel unworthy of attention.  BOC didn't sell 50 million
records.  They cannot sell out entire stadiums in the 90's like the
Stones or Kiss, but they have made other contributions to music.  Maybe
one day, indivuidually or together, they will be there, I sure hope so.
A biased opinion.

> There was no room after they added the Rush wing of the hall....
>
> (ducking for cover)...

>Well, that explains everything...A worthy addition it was...

HOWLS, here comes the rush to bash/defend Rush again.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe,
lil' ab