Polish Postcards

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sun Jan 18 11:45:24 EST 1998

john.m.gray writes:

> Okay Gang, I was discussing Polish Postcard with some today and remembered
> this message I sent to BOC-L awhile back:
>
> >song title.  The other type is a actual postcard of various sights in
> >Poland with the recording applied over it.  Both of the newer types came
> >out over the last three years.  It seems the more that I bought the more
> >contact in Poland found, I think I was financing an entire record
> >industry, although they were cheap, on the order of 5 or 6 dollars
> >apiece.

I know how you feel about the record industry business!   The price has
also gone up considerably so either manufacturing costs have increased
or the middlemen are getting seriously into profit making!   Actually
this is becoming high on my list of "Things To Do Soon"   have a cheap
weekend in Poland and check out if there are any record shops.   Does
anyone know Warsaw?   Does this kind of thing exist?   Or is it all
people's personal record collections in their back rooms of their
houses?

> version.  The various colored flimsies are from Russia not Poland.  I
> bought them from a guy in Poland.  As far as I know the only "new" Polish
> Postcards are the on put out on actual picture postcards.  Sorry for the

Pretty neat stuff though - I think they look great, although unplayable!

jill

obBootlegVinyl> Live Al Stewart 8-))

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk