HW: Two questions

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Mon Jan 19 11:18:54 EST 1998

I have a couple of questions.

First, did Captain Rizz play with Hawkwind at the Strange Daze
Festival?

Second, when was the track "Over the Top" really recorded?  According
to the CD "Mighty Hawkwind Classics", it was recorded on New Year's
Eve, 1977.  However, I don't have a concert listed for that date in
either Rob Godwin's "Collector's Guide to Hawkwind" book or on my
Golden Void site (which is pulled together from many sources).  The
"Hawklords Live" CD lists the track as being from 1978.  Can someone
say for sure where this track is taken from?

Thanks,
Frank

P.S.  I am in the middle of a large number of updates to the Golden
Void site, including several. scanned pictures from the Strange Daze
festival.  It'll take a few days yet, but stay tuned for details.