HW: Strange Daze 98

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Tue Jan 20 10:04:37 EST 1998

Hello this must be space,

Thought I'd pass on some good news on the HW front for the
US fans. There will be a Strange Daze 98 on August 14-15,
which is a Friday/Saturday. Most of the bands from the first
festival will be asked to return, but will be given more time to
do what spacerockers do best, jam. Longer time slots ranging
from 90 to 120 minutes are expected with a request to do a
different show. An MC is possible to keep things going, with
the possibility of Thom the Poet (opened Gong's 25th Birthday
CD). Other ideas are being tossed about in an effort to make
the festival even better (lights, stage ect.).

Confirmed groups so far: Hawkwind and Bedouin !!!!!!!
There's a good chance Nik will be playing with Bedouin.

As the festival gets closer I plan to set up a web page for
announcements and other information.

later,

Doug

                                        Good minds open and take new
might
                                Until diminished by the reign of night

Brock
--
Doug Bates
voice:(205) 934-9087   fax:(205) 975-7129
mailto:dbates at uab.edu