soaps and saps

Wed Jan 21 06:47:11 EST 1998

On Wednesday, January 21, 1998 11:33 AM, M Holmes
[SMTP:fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK] wrote:
> Andy Gilham writes:
>
> > > Maybe what NASA need to do is sponsor a soap show around a Moonbase.
> >
> > Didn't they already have input into "The Cape"?  Which has the air of a
> > propaganda vehicle, although I confess I've never watched more than a
> > couple of minutes.
> >
> > Which is still more than I lasted with "Space Island One". :)
>
> What were these programmes?

Oh, they're both on Sky.  "The Cape" is a US import about the everyday
trials and tribulations of a bunch of ordinary space shuttle pilots, and
"Space Island One" is a rare bit of BSkyB original programming set on a
multinational orbiting space platform in the early 21st century, with space
suits by Katherine Hamnett.

-Andy