OFF: Slapp Happy

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jan 21 10:11:48 EST 1998

In article <199801211349.NAA10921 at abel.ed.harlequin.co.uk>, Dave Berry
<daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK> writes
>On 21 Jan 09:53, Jon Browne wrote:
>> true, but he's missing the label so he launched V2 Records. One of their
>> signings, I believe, is a re-formed Slapp Happy (Dagmar Krause et al.)
>> who will be putting out their first release in about 20 years.
>
>Whhhaaaaattttt???????!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Jon, this had better not be a wind-up.
>
>"He used to wear fedoras, but now he wears a fez,
> There's cabbalistic innuendo in everything he says..."
>
>Dave.
>--

No, mate, I remembered you like them, which is why I posted. It's
absolutely true. (Um, I could be wrong about the label but the release
is 100% straight up).

I have come to accept that Henry Cow/National Health/Slapp Happy/Art
Bears/Hatfield & The North etc are only grouped with HW *in my mind*.

If you're interested, Dr Strangely Strange have also got a new album
coming out. They maintain they never split, it just took 30 years to get
the 3rd album together, man!
--
Jon