OFF: Slapp Happy

cannibal at CUTEY.COM cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Fri Jan 23 16:28:19 EST 1998

At 10:45 23.01.98 +0000, you wrote:
>In article <3.0.2.32.19980122183144.02ff02dc at online.no>,
>cannibal at CUTEY.COM writes
>>Unless the shop also carries Hatmangler, Hatrahari's Kitchen, Hauling
>>Grannies, The Hauptmann Syndrome, Havana Kings, Susie B. Hawkins and
>>Screamin J. Hawkins?
>>
>>Christian
>
>Well, they probably do but this is a used vinyl store and preople don't
>put the things back where they found them *plus* there's a lot more HW
>albums so statistically all of the above will sit next to HW even in the
>most organised store.

true. I do this around the HW section too, on purpose for ob(li)vious reasons.

>Except Hatmangler, who just get thrown away.

Well, their first album was pretty good, despite stealing Mudhoney's "Here
Comes Sickness" guitar riff for "Lemon Curry?" (#62 in the NME singles
reader's poll 1990!).

>and isn't that Sophie B. Hawkins?
>--

No, that's her distant sister. I met Susie at the Reeperbahn in Hamburg (I
outbid Scott Heller by a phennig) but Susie rode off in the band's
limousine (cause Nik had a whole deutschmark hidden in his sax), never to
be seen again so I could get her autograph. Susie B. put out an album on
the same label the singer in Nena's neighbor ran with the one legged
drummer in Xhol who rode a bicycle to their basement studio once. Pretty
good kraut-disco-opera type stuff actually.

Christian