(A little) OFF: My 'State of the Art'

Sun Jan 25 10:15:54 EST 1998

On Saturday, January 24, 1998 11:12 PM, Keith Henderson
[SMTP:henderson.120 at OSU.EDU] wrote:

> And the "alternative" movement that's been the cat's meow for almost 10
> years now is just sickening nowadays.  I had the depressing experience of
> witnessing perhaps the worst ever on-air performance of a band in all TV
> history last night (although I still think that would have to go to the
> Thompson Twins on SNL around 1983 or so).  They were called Third Eye
> Blind,
> and they looked to me to be the loser of an 8th grade Battle of the
Bands.

> The singer was *really* awful, and pulled the most ridiculous stunt I've
> seen in years by appearing on stage in a straight jacket.

Sounds like the sort of thing Turner does all the time.  Except that's
different of course :)

And was this singer *really* worse than Ron was when he first joined? :))

I wouldn't worry about the Hall of Fame, it's just a gimmick to get people
to visit Cleveland, isn't it?

-Andy

ObFavouriteSpice: Sporty