Dave Brock coasting?

c mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Wed Jan 28 01:24:26 EST 1998

At 22:33 27.01.98 -0500, you wrote:
>Max Wilcox wrote:
>
>>             With all of the DH bashing (er...criticism), I though I'd
put my
>> (very tired) opinion in. I think it's the best Hawk album since
Levitation. And
>> I like it all except the crappy Love in Space (it was a good song for
the first
>> three or so versions I heard - I'm a bit tired of it now).
>>             Alchemy & Wheels? Bloody fantastic.
>>             Clouded Vision - Instant classic.
>>             Phetamine & Reptiod - Not bad.
>>             Etc...
>>             But then again - I also quite like IITBOTFTBD....
>>
>> - Max Wilcox
>
>um... WHAT love in space..?    seems i remember some discussion about this
track,
>but dont remember the facts.  my disc lists this song, but its not on there?
>rj

rj, why, you must be the lucky winner! I wish the Hawks had personally
spared me this tune yet yet ANOTHER time...

Take a closer listen, unless I haven driven it from my mind, this version
thankfully has no lyrics (IMO a better versionm of this trite tune)...

Anyway, tunes that I like (in varying degrees) on the disc are:

Distant Horizons
Phetamine Street
Alchemy
Clouded Vision
Reptoid Vision
Wheels

Now, the problem here is that it's so patchy. THe other stuff is garbage
IMO. Constant it for a for of weeks and then I haven't spun it for over a
month or two!!!

I keep putting on 1999 Party constantly however.....

Christian