Tape Swap

Johan Edlundh johan.edlundh at HABO.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Wed Jul 1 17:13:19 EDT 1998

At 20:06 1998-06-30 +0000, you wrote:
>Well, it's been how long now?.......
>
>I received a tape from a scandanavian country - sorry, don't remember
>which, oooh weeks and weeks ago. I can't even remember how long it is
>since i passed the tape along to the next in line.
>
>But I have yet to receive tape #2.
>
>So if you're a Scandanavian guy who sent me a C100 with a bunch of
>track titles on the inlay card, but no sender address or
>anything....... what's up?

d'oh,
you make me feel like a malfunctional link in an otherwise unbroken chain of
tape swaps...

what's up?
I'm decoding a US tape in a very slow and patient way.
But do not panic, my investigations will not take me any further.

No sender address? Not anything?
I'm glad I at least managed to put the tape in the parcel :0)

how was the tape then?
I felt like an old fart when I saw what I'd produced.
Some tracks were on topic, some tracks was done by local heroes, some tracks
was strange sabbath covers. But what was really scary was when I realized
that a tune recorded in 1976 had to be considered as "new".
Am I that old?

>Alasdair Macdonald

-joe