BOC: Not Super Hits

Thu Jul 2 15:05:19 EDT 1998

> I not a fan of poll's, but I was wondering what the reading populace found
> as the
> lets call them our least favorite songs since BOC couldn't possibly make a
> song
> that we'd hate. :)

Well, it's a tricky one - one of the best things about BOC for a long time
was the consistent quality of songwriting and lack of duff tracks.  But I
can still find these clunkers:

Let Go - feeble or what
Feel the Thunder - cliche'd, pointless
Eyes on Fire - I have no sympathy for the wimpy character! What a drip!
I Am the Storm - ruins the mood after "The Vigil".  My LP is scratched from
rushing to pull the needle away in time.
Dr Music - sounds way too much like "YMCA".  My jaw dropped to the floor
first time I spun the LP.

All from my least favourite two (original) albums.

My unheralded favourite track, the one nobody else in the whole world (well
nearly) likes, and never ever mentions, but I think is dead good, is "Shadow
Warrior".  More Lustbader lyrics and less Shirley!!!!

And "Veins" was my favourite from _The Revolution by Night_.  But by then
BOC was losing the plot, or maybe I was...

- Andy