HW: The Elf and the Hawk

Andrew Dawson adawson at CLARA.NET
Sat Jul 4 05:44:02 EDT 1998

At 23:22 10/06/98 -0400, you wrote:
>In the recent issue of Crohinga Well is an advert from Italian
>label Black Widow.  These are the folks that released the latest
>CDs from Archectural Metaphor and ST37.
>
>Anyway, they say that they are going to release something named
>'The Elf & The Hawk', which is a reissue of Hawkfan 12 and Alan
>Davey's 'The Elf' 2x7", plus a bonus track.  Available on LP and
>CD.  No statement as to when this miracle will occur.
>
>As soon as anybody spots this one, YELL LOUDLY!  (of course) :-)
>--
>Captain Cloud
>capcloud at palmnet.net
>http://www5.palmnet.net/~capcloud/

Received this flyer from Compact Disc Services (CDS) this morning

[Quote]

Hot Hawkwind & related new release!!
Hawkwind/Alan Davey: The Elf & the Hawk.   CD 13.99 UKP
Rush-released limited edition CD officially sanctioned by Dave Brock and
Alan Davey, the contents of which are as follows and all are on CD for the
first time.

1) All tracks from the limited edition instrumental vinyl only single "The
Elf" by Alan Davey

2) The 3 tracks from "Hawkkfan 12" the first vinyl-only fanzine from 1986,
which featured tracks specially donated by Dave Brock, namely "Countdown",
"Ejection" & "Ghost Dance, all live versions that have not appeared
elesewhere.

3) A brand new track frrom Dave Brock donated specifically for this CD.

4) 3 tracks as the first available recordings from the new, ex-Spacehead,
group PXR-1, including a cover of  "Spirit of the Age"

It is scheduled for mid-June

[End quote]

Needless to say my order is already placed.

Andy

PS
For anyone who doesn't know CDS their address is
Compact Disc Services
40/42 Brantwood Avenue
Dundee
DD3 6EW

Tel (+44) 01382 776595
Fax (+44) 01282 736702

They offer an excellent mail order service.

PPS
I am not associated with CDS but would hate anyone missing out on ths release

For now

Andrew Dawson
adawson at clara.net
Into Hawkwind ?
Then check out the Worldwide discography.
http://home.clara.net/adawson