OFF: Deep Purple

Alex S. Garcia asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX
Mon Jul 6 14:35:28 EDT 1998

The same day I bought BOC's "Heaven Forbid", I also got myself a copy of
Deep Purple's latest, "Abandon". Well, I wasn't quite as impressed. A little
disappointed, perhaps even. I mean, it's an OK album, but I didn't find it
as strong as "Purpendicular" - which is, IMHO, a near-perfect album (I
really love all the tracks on that one - except for "Ted the mechanic").
There are a few songs on "Abandon" that I really like, though, like
"Watching the sky" and "Fingers to the bone". "Don't make me happy" is kinda
cool too. I really hate "Jack Ruby", though, probably because of the lyrics.
And I don't remember who said his favorite song was "69", but I really have
a hard time with that track too. More noisy then anything else, IMHO.

OTOH, I really love the album's cover. Absolutely magnificent :-))

Alex S. Garcia.

Become a Patternwalker ! Visit Corwin's Pattern...
  http://members.tripod.com/~Mandor/
Read the Icarus Encyclopedia of Fantasy & SF
  http://www.pelnet.com/icarus/