OFF: Swedish help

Mon Jul 6 16:12:15 EDT 1998

On mån 6 jul 1998 13.14 +0200 "Dan Lindfors" <lindfors at ALGONET.SE> wrote:
> Yes, to call someone worthy a "king" (kung) is in fact probably the
nearest
> to "rules" in swedish.

     Ah--can this kind of usage of "kung" be applied across sexes?
(to women also?)  To say, for example, "Deb Frost rules!" in Swedish
would one say "Deb Frost är kung!" or "Deb Frost är drottning!"? :)

> And a artist or athletic honored with that "title"
> - to be "kung" - could in fact (2) a that moment have at least as much
> power as the swedish kung...

     Even so, if there is ever an opening, do let them know I
volunteer ;)  Heck, I can't be a much worse choice than a French
officer and it must be a more comfortable life than graduate
student :)

Cheers,
Carl

--