Off: CD playing time ( was HW: Live at The Kinetic Playground)

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Jul 6 17:02:57 EDT 1998

At 11:03 06/07/98 -0400, you wrote:
>(Actually, if the Kinetic Playground bootleg had not been a CD-R one, it
>might have avoided the jarring cuts described in another posting,
>because you can squeeze almost 80 minutes on a silver CD.  I have two
>Bevis Frond CDs that clock in over 79 minutes, and I've heard "the
>longest CD" is just a tad over 80 minutes.  I have some silver CD
>bootlegs that cruise the 78 minute mark.  It's surprising what proper
>mastering can do for you.:)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul.

I have quite a few that make it over the 78 minute mark, but none over the
80.  I've also had a couple just lately that wouldn't play on my
(expensive) CD-player, nor on my boom-box, but would play on my CD-ROM (not
apparently time-related) - any comments anybody?

Free your mind & watch your ass!