HW: Live at The Kinetic Playground

Olivier Boigey Olivier_Boigey at TECHNOLINK.ORG
Tue Jul 7 11:17:30 EDT 1998

In message ID <Pine.OSF.3.96.980706140419.6739A-100000 at gromit.dlib.vt.edu> on
6/07/98, BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List wrote:

BDL> No.  Silver CDs allow a longer running time, but are written using a
BDL> different process.  (They don't use dye-based technology.)  You have to
BDL> press them using professional equipment, which is why they're usually
BDL> done in large runs, to make them cost-effective.
BDL>
BDL> Cheers,
BDL>
BDL> Paul.

Yes, pressed CDs are cheap in case of high number pressing for magazines e.g.
(around thousands); I've pressed some photoCD in the past, 200 items for a
total cost of $1600I, the glass mastering is about half of it. Dealing with
audio CD concerning a few people (how many on this list?) it's better to use
CD-R.
Above that, Hotline sites are full of Mp3 files, but never seen HW yet.

Olivier

Olivier Boigey
6 rue Pasquier - 92300
Levallois Perret - FRANCE