BOC: Mix n Match [Was: BOC: Heaven Forbid, OFF: Deep Purple

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue Jul 7 07:21:28 EDT 1998

> > I also got myself a copy of Deep Purple's latest, "Abandon". Well, I
> >wasn't quite as
> > impressed. A little disappointed, perhaps even.  . .

I have to be totally honest for a moment here and admit that I'm far
more impressed with Abandon than I was with Heaven Forbid. Abandon is
one of those discs that just gets better every time you hear it...and
your favorite song changes from week to week (right now it's
"Watching the Skies").

Don't get me wrong...Heaven Forbid is excellent...Like many on the
list I found it better than I expected it to be. But I believe these
guys are capable of much, much more, and I (perhaps too
optimistically) consider Heaven Forbid a warm-up for a full-fledged
career revival complete with more frequent releases and a return to
the experimentation that hooked me on BOC in the first place.

--  Nick