BOC: comeback

Tue Jul 7 15:42:18 EDT 1998

> From:          "Alex S. Garcia" <asg at LAGUNA.COM.MX>
> I think that's where the real problem lies. Deep Purple, for instance, keep
> putting out albums every 2-3 years, but BOC... Well, I dunno. There was a
> time when they'd also release an album every 2 years. But can they still do
> it ? Do they still have the energy, the creativity - the motivation, even ?
> I'm sure if they had enough commercial success, that would give them more
> motivation.

Of course it's better to wait til you've got a bunch of good material
than to rush out an album of bad stuff just to have a new disc.
Anyone heard Dokken's last disc?  A CMC act, BTW, but are they still
with CMC?

> And speaking of commercial success, I think it's a shame they don't make
> music videos more often. It's a great way to promote a song and an album.
> Does anyone know if they've made any videos for HF yet ? Doesn't look like
> it so far... they could make something great for "Harvest Moon"...

Agreed!  HM is ideally suited to video.  But videos cost a fortune,
and are typically paid for by the band.  And BOC have traditionally
been close with a buck [no pun!] probably having learned their lesson
with the laser show...

Anyone else get a mailing from Al yesterday?  There are a couple of
new tBS gigs listed.  Bad news it looks like only a handful of shows
this summer.  At least most of them are an easy drive from here.
Torgo, Brian, you guys going Friday?

theo