HW: Live at The Kinetic Playground

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Tue Jul 7 15:38:56 EDT 1998

At 22:14 06/07/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I guess it depends on the clout of the band.  For example, The Allman
>Brothers Band are on Sony, and they officially allow taping.  Metallica
>are on Electra, and they allow taping.  Both are major labels.  Both
>bands have no problems selling records, despite the taping policy.

And of course thee Dead had a pro-taping policy for years..

>Cheers,
>
>Paul.
>
>obCD: Allman Brothers Band, _Fillmore East, 1970_

A classic - more twinges over my temporarily absent vinyl...

As for the rest... I've never been very impressed by Real Audio - more like
real '60s transistor radio, and (as an IT professional) I wholeheartedly
support open standards as opposed to de facto Microsnot related ones.

ChrisW

obCDs: Sugar "File Under Easy Listening" / The Pixies "Death To The Pixies"

Free your mind & watch your ass!