Song re-sequencing [was Re: BOC: Not so Super Hits]

James Coburn cando at HIGHFIBER.COM
Tue Jul 7 20:56:23 EDT 1998

Ghost in the Ruins wrote:

> . . . Therein lies the problem with a lot of the later albums.  The
>song order for most of BOC's catalog is pretty lame.  Rearrange some
>them and some of these albums sound a lot better.
>
>[Club Ninja and RBN are not total losers.]  Shuffle the songs like a deck
>of cards and [both] albums can actually be pretty good, lame lyrics and
>subject matter aside. . . . SNIP . . . Give it a try in your spare
>time sit down with either or both of these discs and place the songs in
>an order that feels right to you, fast/medium/slow etc. Copmpare this to
>the original track order and see which way feels best.  You can analyze
>the lyrics, song structure or whatever but the best way to tell if you
>are listnening to something good or bad is the way it makes you feel. . .
>SNIP . .

>Imagine if BOC had D&S, Golden Age, 7 Screaming Diz's on one side of an
>album and a second side with Debbi Denise, Lonely Teardrops, Light Years
>of Love, bet you wouldn't like it that much, the pace would be all
>wrong. . . . SNIP . . .

Speaking of reordering song sequences:

Someone some months back had a favorite [re]sequencing of the AOF tracks-I
tried it but after 20+ years of listening to it in the original order I
just couldn't get used to a new sequence.  However with HF being new I
wonder if any one else has experimented with re-sequencing the tracks?  I
know everyone has their fav.s and a few that are less appealling but here's
the order I've been listening to:

                1 Damaged
                2 SYIB
                3 HM
                4 PUD
                5 HB
                6 Damaged (I listen to this one twice with the CD deck program)
                7 RW
                8 CGLoD
                9 Still Burnin'
                10 LFM

(I know there's 2 missing - In Thee just seems out of place to me if you're
into establishing a flow, pace, mood, etc., and I tried but X-ray Eyes just
didn't grab me)
[don't bash too hard here please [ :-)  ]].

Anyway, anybody else do some HF rearranging?  (and RBN / CN while we're at it?)

James Coburn
Albuquerque, NM