off:StriderNews

Erin Marie Moore emm14 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Jul 8 22:21:30 EDT 1998

Greetings:

I am a constant lurker of this list, and I publish a newsletter,
StriderNews, in which I try to promote the American SpaceRock scene. Our
next issue will cater to the Strange Daze festival, and so far we have
planned an interview with Dave Brock, some reviews of the SD bands, and a
list of essential recordings for the SpaceRock listener--i.e. current
recordings, but also foundations and predecessors. This can be anything
and anyone that has influenced these artists from 1928-1998. I am asking
for contributions and suggestions, both to this list as well as any
artwork--drawings of Dave Brock especially (Christian are you listening?).
In regards to the essential recordings list, if people want to send me
their top ten lists, depending on the volume that I receive, I will either
publish them individually, or if many of you overlap, I will do a giant
list--top 500 say.

Additionally, my offer still stands--this is a free newsletter, and
I will happily mail a copy to anyone who gives me their address--or if you
prefer, our web site can currently be seen at:
http://www.wmc-corp.com/stridernews/
This contains our first three issues (we recently published issue #5)
hopefully within a week or two we will move servers and have a new web
design!!!
Thank you
I remain
Adam