BOC: DFTR re-mix

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Thu Jul 9 14:53:03 EDT 1998

Mike Looney said:

>Who is Apollo Four Fourty?
>
>And when did they do the "Dance" version of DFTR?
>
>This showed up in my shop as a mp3 file this week and I, for one, am
>appalled....

I like it, actually.  It would be better if the vocals were a little
smoother, but I enjoy it when bands don't cover a song exactly (or even
close :)

I don't know much about Apollo 440 except that they used the riff from
Van Halen's version of "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" in a song called
"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Dub", and a famous Gene Krupa drum rhythm in the
song "Krupa."  They also had a hit which didn't rip off anyone (as far
as I know) called "Liquid Cool."

Brian
obCOVER> "Hassan I Sahba" The Brain Surgeons