OFF: Hello Nasty.

Mon Jul 13 07:39:55 EDT 1998

> >ObCD: Beastie Boys - _Hello Nasty_
> >

> Hey Andy - what's it like??

I like it - nice mix of old-school hip-hop (love the single,
"Intergalactic" - "I'll stir-fry you in my wok.../Like a pinch on the neck
from Mister Spock"), plus some super-mellow interludes, including a superb
dub-rap from Lee "Scratch" Perry.  Not a bit like "Aglio E Olio" - they seem
to have got the punk-rock thing out of their system with that, and more
old-school then _Ill Communication_.

Not my favourite B-Boys album - that's _Paul's Boutique_, which still sounds
fresh - but it's nice, yes.

I missed them at the Academy a couple of weeks ago, sold out too fast, but I
did catch them with Run-DMC ten years ago :)

- Andy

ObCD: Sonic's Rendezvous - _Sweet Nothing_