tBS: Richmonds

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Mon Jul 13 13:25:27 EDT 1998

Theo said:
>> From:          brian halligan <brianh at PULLEYN.COM>

>> I second Torgo's review ;-) I'd also like to mention that whether due
>> the soundman, or through practice, the Surgeons vocal harmonies have
>> never sounded better live.  I'm definately looking forward to hearing
>> some tunes from the new CD later this summer!
>>
>I agree.  A most excellent gig.  I would say that Billy's guitar
>could have been mixed a bit more 'in your face' for his lead parts,
>though.

That was a wicked looking guitar he was playing.  I forgot to ask what
it was.

>so, you guys going to the Rochester gig?  BTW, if anyone can give me
>a street address for the Roch. venue, or maybe directions from Syra,
>I'd be appreciative.

I only live about 10min away from Richmonds, so if anyone feels left out
of the summer tour and needs a place to crash after the gig, let me
know.  (For those of you in Boston, I drove 6hrs to see Stereolab play
at the Palace last November, so no excuses!  Of course I don't have a
wife or kids, so I suppose that makes a slight difference ;-)

Here are the directions to Richmonds:

RICHMONDS
21 Richmond St.
Rochester, NY
(716)454-4612

Take the Thruway (I90) to exit 45 (Rochester, I490)

Take 490 to the S. Clinton exit

Bear right onto S. Clinton and continue past Woodbury Blvd., Court St.,
and Broad St. to E. Main (There should be a large plaza on your right)

Take a right onto E. Main St.

Continue on E. Main through a few intersections.

Richmond St. is the 2nd right after the Scio St. intersection.

Richmond St. is at a 135 degree angle relative to E. Main St.

Once you turn onto Richmond, Richmonds is directly on your right.

If you get lost, call me at 482-9702.

Brian