BOC: Alive and Well in Bristol CT

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jul 16 13:41:47 EDT 1998

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

> >Well they ARE doing the 3 best tunes from HF.  Don't see a need for too many
> more.  ACtually 3 tunes off any album is pretty good live...
>

> Warm disagreement here Theo.  Several of the shows I have seen over the
> last couple of years have been on the heels of new albums.  Each of
> those artist played at least 5.  King's X played all but one from Ear
> Candy, Queensryche did 5-6 from Hear in the Now Frontier, Savatage
> pulled 5 from Wake of Magellan.  I'd like to see a bit more HF in the
> setlist and maybe some of the lesser known songs from RBN (Shooting
> Shark?).

I wouldn't mind hearing more stuff from HF either, say Damaged, or
esp. CGLoD...Probably the fact that BOC's been around a lot longer
than the groups you cited, and has so many more albums out there to
pull material from.  Also, though I hate saying it, those bands are
still pretty much on the upswing, and are trying like hell to sell
new albums to a crowd that is in a current time-frame, whilst BOC has
to contend with the 'nostalgia thing...'

> HF seems to be selling well enough anyway but Damaged and say Hammer
> Back fit well with the current lineup.  If you want to take it easy on
> the Eric songs just sub , say Real World for Hammer Back.

That's great news.  Hope it gives them the confidence to put out more
stuff...BTW, John, any news on the Live album [BBC or King Biscuit] ?

> >Oh, man, if I had a videocam...
>
> Somebody on this list is going to have to catch Jason on video.

Hey, somebody videotaped the Kingsbury gig  a while back, but jason
didn't make that one.  Maybe during the August mini-tour, the planets
will be in allignment...

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."