Metal Doremi Shield/cd

Kevin Sommers novadrive at PANGEATECH.COM
Sat Jul 18 21:33:25 EDT 1998

> Hi John
>
> What a very interesting question!
>
> john.m.gray writes:
>
> > Does anyone remember who was selling that "limited Edition" Do
> Re MI Shield
> > with the Undisclosed Files cd?
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >

> Funny - but I was just tidying my filing the other day and lamenting the
> fact this this was clearly another case where I had been comprehensively
> ripped off by some piss merchant.    I'm getting seriously suspicious
> about almost all mail order now - unless I've traded with them before or
> know someone who will vouch for them.    It may mean my Hawkwind
> collection stops growing but it saves me losing cash to someone else's
> pocket money holiday fund.
>
> The distributors were Isotope Music near Toronto in Canada and the
> guy dealing with it was someone called Jerry (tel: 905 333 3001).
> They were using a US Box No. address because of a Canadian Postal
> Strike at the time (November 1997) - which I thought was plausible
> but should have made me suspicious I guess.    It was around that
> time that Griffin folded so I rather assumed that the box-shield
> thingy never got itself made and/or maybe never existed at all
> except in someone's imagination - but I never got my money back
> either.  8-(
>
> Anyhow - for what it's worth the address was:
>
> CG Publishing Inc., Box 1952, Lombard, Illinois, 60148
>
> jill

I got mine, so it's not a (complete) rip-off.  I remember there was some
question about the PO Box number, posted once as 1952, and another time as
1592.  I don't remember what the correct one was, but a trip through the
archives might turn up the answer...

Kevin Sommers

Primiti too taa, nnz kkr muu

http://www.psn.net/~novadrive/