Help

Steven T Chappell steven.chappell at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Jul 19 17:00:34 EDT 1998

> Hope this reaches somebody who can offer assistance .being quite new to the internet newsgroups etc I recently lucked in to this Hawkwind/BOC
newsgroup , and amazingly managed to get it to work.
I got all the good info on how to work and utilise the system etc and
stored the onfo in a safe file on the old hard drive.
Yes you guessed it a recent hard drive failure meant a total reformat,
so all that info on how to work , use etc the listserv system has gone.
so I am trying a reply to sender e-mail in the hope that i will be able
to get some assistance.as although it is great to read all this stuff I
would like to participate on occasion.
Re Hawkwind 1976 Recordings
I have a tape from that era which when acquired back in 77 was supposed
to be from a concert performed at the Manchester Free Trade Hall
December 1976.
Tracks on  it are
A:Paradox,Back On The Steets,City Of Lagoons,Hassan I
Sahba,Brainstorm,Unidentified instrumental,Steppenwolf,Uncle Sam's On
Mars.
B:Time For Sale,Sonic Attack,Kerb Crawler, Encore Call,Medley :-
Magnu,Masters of The Universe.concert end.
concert start Assault & Battery,Golden Void,Magnu,Reefer Madness.

I presume the tape was made up with the start of the concert in the
middle of side b to get as much in as possible I was never sure, it's on
a c120.I have not given it a listen to in ages but if I remember right
the quality was not too bad.
Another one I have if I remember correctly was quite a well known
alternative tape in those days it was titled 'Going Bananas Over You'.I
never wrote up a track listing for this one I will need to give it a
play and see what is on it.I half remember that the quality was poor
although I think it gave a recording of Hawkwind off the Greasy Truckers
album, can't remember for sure.

Steve