HW: Strange Daze Europe '99

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.NETSURF.DE
Mon Jul 20 14:08:39 EDT 1998

Hi folks

Received a very interesting phonecall yesterday from FILIP VANHUYSE a great
Hawkwindfan from Belgium.

Filip and another guy from Belgium who is arranging HM festivals  since
many years are trying to do a very special event in August 1999 near
Limbourg (Belgium) very close to the German border.

They are trying to get the following bands for this event:

- Hawkwind
- Bedouin
- Nik Turner + band
- Harvey Bainbridge + band
- Huw Lloyd langton + band

The place where the bands will play is very close to a railway station. The
bands do not need to bring their lights or PA. It is all there. This place
is really made for festivals with stage, toiletts, campground and all we
need (eating and drinking).

The costs for us won't be to high. The organizer said that he only needs 25
US$ from each person. And he needs about 700-800 people to come to get paid
for his expenses. Most of the money he will get with advertising

Filip is a VERY GOOD friend (!!!) of Dave Brock and he is very sure that
this event will happen.

He has started to get in contact to the other groups.

At the end Filip told me that this is not just a bloody idea.
This is a VERY SERIOUS intention !!!!

I keep you all informed if I get more informations

cheers
Bernhard