Brain Surgeons

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Jul 20 16:24:35 EDT 1998

> From:          Al Ogilvy <Alogilvy at AOL.COM>
>  However,I've never heard of the Brain Surgeons , I'm sorry to admit,and I'm
> getting really Jealous reading about them 'coz they sound great.Please,Please
> someone tell me more,reccomend some albums...tell me where i can find their
> CDs in the UK,...are they oing to gig here..??What is their connexion to BOC
> and HW ?

tBS is the band founded by Al Bouchard, original drummer for BOC.
Their records are available on the independent label, Cellsum.  I'm
not sure if they're avail. through the online CD stores.  They can be
ordered directly from Al, though.

Chances of their touring Europe don't look too good, as they don't
play all that much over here, though I've been lucky enough to see
them 4 times.

They have an obvious connection to BOC, and they do several BOC songs
live, and also 2 HW songs, Needle Gun and Hassan I Sab...something,
sorry, I don't have any written stuff in front of me.  I think most
tBS fans like Box of Hammers, their third album best, though their
second album, Trepanation is smokin' as well.

tBS features Al on drums and vocals, Al's wife Deb Frost on vox and
guitar [Deb also contributes lyrics] Billy Hilfiger and Pete
Bohovesky on guitars and David Hershberg on Bass.  They're based in
the NYC area and generally play in the northeast US, concentrating on
upstae NY lately [lucky me!]

Lyrically, they're OUT THERE!  Musically, heavy twin guitar rock is
their thing.  I suspect if you like BOC, you'll love tBS:  spooky
lyrics, amazing drumming, and off the wall gtr.  Check 'em out...

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."