HW: Strange Daze Europe '99

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jul 21 17:16:19 EDT 1998

Andy G. answered Jill with...

>> >Well if they make it August 11th we can watch the Solar eclipse too.
>> >Not sure if it'll be total in that area tho'.
>>
>I believe the "footprint" passes through Normandy-Alsace-Bavaria, something
>like that.  I figured the roads will be so awful with 25% of the population
>of England trying to make it into Cornwall that the Continent would be a
>better bet...

Pretty much on...at http://www.skypub.com/eclipses/s990881a.html, you can
link to the map (http://www.skypub.com/eclipses/images/99europe.gif) that
shows you exactly how the footprint will travel.  It will just nick (or
should I say nik?) the southern tip of Belgium, so it'll be damn near 99%
anywhere within the country.

The problem is that I think it's a Wednesday, and a morning no less (11:30
AM local time?), not exactly the time to schedule a festival show.
Saturday, Aug. 14, 1999 would of course, be the 11th anniversary of Bob's
Calvert death.

Keith H. (FAA)