HW: Strange Daze Europe '99

David G d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET
Tue Jul 21 18:09:45 EDT 1998

Andy Gilham wrote:

> > >Well if they make it August 11th we can watch the Solar eclipse too.
> > >Not sure if it'll be total in that area tho'.
> > >
> > >jill
> >
> > 'fraid not, since the path of totality only brushes the tip of Cornwall, I
> > don't think that there's any way that Belgium will get it - SW
> > France perhaps?
> >
> > ChrisW
>
> I believe the "footprint" passes through Normandy-Alsace-Bavaria, something
> like that.  I figured the roads will be so awful with 25% of the population
> of England trying to make it into Cornwall that the Continent would be a
> better bet...
>
> - Andy

Probably true,  my company is a space related business so we physicist have been
trying to find somewhere, anywhere, (a layby will do) to "do some legit
research,  honest".  There is nothing to be had in Cornawall,  so unless you are
planning to go down there around March,  go to the mainland!

DaveG